talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

backup/restore of CollectionSpace

EN
Eldon Neustaeter
Thu, Apr 30, 2020 11:11 PM

so.. my offline test are not going well.

however, in digging into this; maybe an upgrade is not what I need; maybe a whole new instance.

If the 3 things that are I need are:

  • the files located at $CSPACE_JEESERVER_HOME/nuxeo_server/data
  • the cspace database
  • the nuxeo database

Could I not build a fresh and current 5.2 instance and restore those elements into the brand new one?

p.s. my production backup seems to show the database name as cspace_default and nuxeo_default ... is that an old standard?

I've pivoting to building a 5.2 in VM to see if that works better. I can get collection space up and running but even after the database restores, the web instance still looks as if things are brand new. I think the db names are messing with me.

p.s. Ray... thanks for that first quick reply.

so.. my offline test are not going well. however, in digging into this; maybe an upgrade is not what I need; maybe a whole new instance. If the 3 things that are I need are: * the files located at $CSPACE_JEESERVER_HOME/nuxeo_server/data * the cspace database * the nuxeo database Could I not build a fresh and current 5.2 instance and restore those elements into the brand new one? p.s. my production backup seems to show the database name as cspace_default and nuxeo_default ... is that an old standard? I've pivoting to building a 5.2 in VM to see if that works better. I can get collection space up and running but even after the database restores, the web instance still looks as if things are brand new. I think the db names are messing with me. p.s. Ray... thanks for that first quick reply.
RL
Ray Lee
Sat, May 2, 2020 1:41 AM

Hi Eldon,
Yes, it would be fine to build a fresh 5.2 instance and copy those things in. For upgrades between some versions that's basically what you have to do anyway. The correct database names are cspace_default and nuxeo_default on a standard installation of cspace. Sorry for the confusion; I often refer to them generically as just the "cspace" database and the "nuxeo" database. The "nuxeo" database can also have different names for other (non-core) tenants, e.g. "anthro_default". And the "_default" part is configurable, but most people will just leave it as is.

Let us know how it goes.

Ray

so.. my offline test are not going well.

however, in digging into this; maybe an upgrade is not what I need; maybe a whole new instance.

If the 3 things that are I need are:

  • the files located at $CSPACE_JEESERVER_HOME/nuxeo_server/data
  • the cspace database
  • the nuxeo database

Could I not build a fresh and current 5.2 instance and restore those elements into the brand new one?

p.s. my production backup seems to show the database name as cspace_default and nuxeo_default ... is that an old standard?

I've pivoting to building a 5.2 in VM to see if that works better. I can get collection space up and running but even after the database restores, the web instance still looks as if things are brand new. I think the db names are messing with me.

p.s. Ray... thanks for that first quick reply.

Hi Eldon, Yes, it would be fine to build a fresh 5.2 instance and copy those things in. For upgrades between some versions that's basically what you have to do anyway. The correct database names are cspace_default and nuxeo_default on a standard installation of cspace. Sorry for the confusion; I often refer to them generically as just the "cspace" database and the "nuxeo" database. The "nuxeo" database can also have different names for other (non-core) tenants, e.g. "anthro_default". And the "_default" part is configurable, but most people will just leave it as is. Let us know how it goes. Ray ________________________________________ From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> on behalf of Eldon Neustaeter <eldon@bcam.net> Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:11 PM To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: [Talk] backup/restore of CollectionSpace so.. my offline test are not going well. however, in digging into this; maybe an upgrade is not what I need; maybe a whole new instance. If the 3 things that are I need are: * the files located at $CSPACE_JEESERVER_HOME/nuxeo_server/data * the cspace database * the nuxeo database Could I not build a fresh and current 5.2 instance and restore those elements into the brand new one? p.s. my production backup seems to show the database name as cspace_default and nuxeo_default ... is that an old standard? I've pivoting to building a 5.2 in VM to see if that works better. I can get collection space up and running but even after the database restores, the web instance still looks as if things are brand new. I think the db names are messing with me. p.s. Ray... thanks for that first quick reply.