talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

question about JASPER / SQL usage for media handling data

WW
William Wolf
Mon, Mar 29, 2021 3:17 PM

Hi,

In JASPER SQL I created a dataset query with the typical joins from the tables hierarchy, relations_common, collectionobjects_common, etc. It's mostly finished, but now I want to be able to join table media_common
I can't figure out how records in media_common relate back to the other tables. Can you advise?

Thanks,
Willi

Hi, In JASPER SQL I created a dataset query with the typical joins from the tables hierarchy, relations_common, collectionobjects_common, etc. It's mostly finished, but now I want to be able to join table media_common I can't figure out how records in media_common relate back to the other tables. Can you advise? Thanks, Willi
RL
Ray Lee
Wed, Mar 31, 2021 4:32 AM

Hi Willi,
Are you trying to find media records that are related to other records? Or something else?

Ray

Ray Lee
CollectionSpace Senior Developer
LYRASIS
ray.lee@lyrasis.org

In JASPER SQL I created a dataset query with the typical joins from the tables hierarchy, relations_common, collectionobjects_common, etc. It’s mostly finished, but now I want to be able to join table media_common
I can’t figure out how records in media_common relate back to the other tables. Can you advise?

Thanks,
Willi

Hi Willi, Are you trying to find media records that are related to other records? Or something else? Ray Ray Lee CollectionSpace Senior Developer LYRASIS ray.lee@lyrasis.org ________________________________________ From: William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net> Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 11:17 AM To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: [Talk] question about JASPER / SQL usage for media handling data Hi, In JASPER SQL I created a dataset query with the typical joins from the tables hierarchy, relations_common, collectionobjects_common, etc. It’s mostly finished, but now I want to be able to join table media_common I can’t figure out how records in media_common relate back to the other tables. Can you advise? Thanks, Willi
ww@williwolf.net
Wed, Mar 31, 2021 4:04 PM

Thanks Ray!

I figured it out with some more experimentation and found the relation of hierarchy.id=media_common.id

This allows me to use a field from media_common in my Jasper dataset.

Willi