talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

MVN build failure when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2

BS
Ben Streissguth
Fri, Sep 20, 2019 12:28 PM

Hi,

I've tried 3 times from fresh backups to upgrade and I keep getting
stuck at the command:

/|    mvn clean|//|install|////|-DskipTestscd ..|//|/application|/

Here's a screen shot of what happens

Originally I thought this was due to not noticing additional code at the
end of several lines after I discovered that the webpage is formatted
for a wide screen, and there is little or no indication that code
continues outside of the box in a standard screen, nor is there any way
to scroll through the code box to see the missing code.  I can send
screen shots if needed.

Hi, I've tried 3 times from fresh backups to upgrade and I keep getting stuck at the command: /|    mvn clean|//|install|////|-DskipTestscd ..|//|/application|/ Here's a screen shot of what happens Originally I thought this was due to not noticing additional code at the end of several lines after I discovered that the webpage is formatted for a wide screen, and there is little or no indication that code continues outside of the box in a standard screen, nor is there any way to scroll through the code box to see the missing code.  I can send screen shots if needed.
RL
Ray Lee
Sat, Sep 21, 2019 3:26 AM

Hi Ben,
I've noticed the Confluence code block sometimes doesn't scroll when it needs to. Can you provide a link to the page you're looking at? I'll see if I can fix it.

It should be four separate commands:

cd services
mvn clean install -DskipTests
cd ../application
mvn clean install -DskipTests

Ray

Ray Lee
CollectionSpace Senior Developer
LYRASIS
ray.lee@lyrasis.org

[cid:part1.7A64A391.B8175A25@streissguth.com]

Originally I thought this was due to not noticing additional code at the end of several lines after I discovered that the webpage is formatted for a wide screen, and there is little or no indication that code continues outside of the box in a standard screen, nor is there any way to scroll through the code box to see the missing code.  I can send screen shots if needed.

Hi Ben, I've noticed the Confluence code block sometimes doesn't scroll when it needs to. Can you provide a link to the page you're looking at? I'll see if I can fix it. It should be four separate commands: cd services mvn clean install -DskipTests cd ../application mvn clean install -DskipTests Ray ═ Ray Lee CollectionSpace Senior Developer LYRASIS ray.lee@lyrasis.org ________________________________________ From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> on behalf of Ben Streissguth <ben@streissguth.com> Sent: Friday, September 20, 2019 5:28 AM To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: [Talk] MVN build failure when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2 Hi, I've tried 3 times from fresh backups to upgrade and I keep getting stuck at the command: mvn clean install -DskipTestscd ../application Here's a screen shot of what happens [cid:part1.7A64A391.B8175A25@streissguth.com] Originally I thought this was due to not noticing additional code at the end of several lines after I discovered that the webpage is formatted for a wide screen, and there is little or no indication that code continues outside of the box in a standard screen, nor is there any way to scroll through the code box to see the missing code. I can send screen shots if needed.
BS
Ben Streissguth
Sat, Sep 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Hi Dave,

Here's the page I was working from:

https://collectionspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/701466505/Upgrading+CollectionSpace

I'm interested to learn that you say there are four commands. It looks like there's a typo in the page where the first*/mvn clean/*  and the/cd ../application/  are merged.  Here's a screen shot of the error, and a representation of a code window that cuts off text.  Yes, I know I could minimize the the navbar but there are places in the text where it happens even with a minimized navbar.

I'm happy to say that seperating mvn and cd allowed me to successfully update.
Thanks

On 9/20/2019 8:26 PM, Ray Lee wrote:

[...]

Hi Dave, Here's the page I was working from: https://collectionspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/701466505/Upgrading+CollectionSpace I'm interested to learn that you say there are four commands. It looks like there's a typo in the page where the first*/mvn clean/* and the/*cd ../application*/ are merged. Here's a screen shot of the error, and a representation of a code window that cuts off text. Yes, I know I could minimize the the navbar but there are places in the text where it happens even with a minimized navbar. I'm happy to say that seperating mvn and cd allowed me to successfully update. Thanks On 9/20/2019 8:26 PM, Ray Lee wrote: > Hi Ben, > I've noticed the Confluence code block sometimes doesn't scroll when it needs to. Can you provide a link to the page you're looking at? I'll see if I can fix it. > > It should be four separate commands: > > cd services > mvn clean install -DskipTests > cd ../application > mvn clean install -DskipTests > > Ray > > ═ > Ray Lee > CollectionSpace Senior Developer > LYRASIS > ray.lee@lyrasis.org > > ________________________________________ > From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> on behalf of Ben Streissguth <ben@streissguth.com> > Sent: Friday, September 20, 2019 5:28 AM > To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org > Subject: [Talk] MVN build failure when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2 > > Hi, > > I've tried 3 times from fresh backups to upgrade and I keep getting stuck at the command: > > mvn clean install -DskipTestscd ../application > > Here's a screen shot of what happens > > [cid:part1.7A64A391.B8175A25@streissguth.com] > > Originally I thought this was due to not noticing additional code at the end of several lines after I discovered that the webpage is formatted for a wide screen, and there is little or no indication that code continues outside of the box in a standard screen, nor is there any way to scroll through the code box to see the missing code. I can send screen shots if needed. > > >
RL
Ray Lee
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 11:46 PM

Hi Ben,
Yes, that was a typo. I'll see if I can fix the code block scrolling.

Thanks,

[cid:part2.C1F4E3F9.94AFC022@streissguth.com]

ray.lee@lyrasis.orgmailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org

Hi Ben, Yes, that was a typo. I'll see if I can fix the code block scrolling. Thanks, Ray ═ Ray Lee CollectionSpace Senior Developer LYRASIS ray.lee@lyrasis.org ________________________________________ From: Ben Streissguth <ben@streissguth.com> Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 5:38 AM To: Ray Lee; talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: Re: [Talk] MVN build failure when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2 Hi Dave, Here's the page I was working from: https://collectionspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/701466505/Upgrading+CollectionSpace I'm interested to learn that you say there are four commands. It looks like there's a typo in the page where the first mvn clean and the cd ../application are merged. Here's a screen shot of the error, and a representation of a code window that cuts off text. Yes, I know I could minimize the the navbar but there are places in the text where it happens even with a minimized navbar. I'm happy to say that seperating mvn and cd allowed me to successfully update. Thanks [cid:part2.C1F4E3F9.94AFC022@streissguth.com] On 9/20/2019 8:26 PM, Ray Lee wrote: Hi Ben, I've noticed the Confluence code block sometimes doesn't scroll when it needs to. Can you provide a link to the page you're looking at? I'll see if I can fix it. It should be four separate commands: cd services mvn clean install -DskipTests cd ../application mvn clean install -DskipTests Ray ═ Ray Lee CollectionSpace Senior Developer LYRASIS ray.lee@lyrasis.org<mailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org> ________________________________________ From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org><mailto:talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> on behalf of Ben Streissguth <ben@streissguth.com><mailto:ben@streissguth.com> Sent: Friday, September 20, 2019 5:28 AM To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Subject: [Talk] MVN build failure when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2 Hi, I've tried 3 times from fresh backups to upgrade and I keep getting stuck at the command: mvn clean install -DskipTestscd ../application Here's a screen shot of what happens [cid:part1.7A64A391.B8175A25@streissguth.com] Originally I thought this was due to not noticing additional code at the end of several lines after I discovered that the webpage is formatted for a wide screen, and there is little or no indication that code continues outside of the box in a standard screen, nor is there any way to scroll through the code box to see the missing code. I can send screen shots if needed.