talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

Group repeatability regarding sub-information groups.

KB
Kim Brasen
Tue, May 3, 2011 9:39 AM

Hi Megan,

We were wondering what the status is regarding the repeatability of
whole information groups and sub-information groups (in lack of a better
word); the larger sub-groups of the main information groups, that have
their own grey title bar in the UI.

In Cataloguing the following Information Groups should be repeatable
according to the schema:

Object Production Information

Object Owner's Contribution Information

Object Viewer's Contribution Information

(Similarly in Object Entry/Intake the Object Location Information Group
should be repeatable)

In Cataloguing the Object Description Information Group has two larger
subgroups that should repeatable according to the schema:

Inscription Content (Textual Inscription in the UI)

Inscription Description (Non-Textual Inscription in the UI)

We have not seen this kind of repeatable groups implemented anywhere so
far. Our main concern is that we need to be able to record multiple
inscriptions in each Cataloguing record - hence this request.

Cheers,

Kim

[...]
FM
Forbes, Megan
Wed, May 4, 2011 4:36 PM

Kim,

I'm cc'ing Aron on this; as far as I know he's the last one to deal with
this issue. There is currently an open Jira for enabling the remaining
four repeatable groups in Cataloging (two with repeatable sub-fields and
two without), but enabling them will require some refactoring.

Aron, could you please comment on the type/amount of work that would
need to be done to enable the repeatable groups that do not have
repeatable sub-fields?

Thanks,

Megan

http://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-2927

[...]

Kim, I'm cc'ing Aron on this; as far as I know he's the last one to deal with this issue. There is currently an open Jira for enabling the remaining four repeatable groups in Cataloging (two with repeatable sub-fields and two without), but enabling them will require some refactoring. Aron, could you please comment on the type/amount of work that would need to be done to enable the repeatable groups that do not have repeatable sub-fields? Thanks, Megan http://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-2927 ________________________________ From: Kim Brasen [mailto:Kim.Brasen@smk.dk] Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:40 AM To: Forbes, Megan Cc: talk@lists.collectionspace.org; Kirsten Vittrup Subject: Group repeatability regarding sub-information groups. Hi Megan, We were wondering what the status is regarding the repeatability of whole information groups and sub-information groups (in lack of a better word); the larger sub-groups of the main information groups, that have their own grey title bar in the UI. In Cataloguing the following Information Groups should be repeatable according to the schema: Object Production Information Object Owner's Contribution Information Object Viewer's Contribution Information (Similarly in Object Entry/Intake the Object Location Information Group should be repeatable) In Cataloguing the Object Description Information Group has two larger subgroups that should repeatable according to the schema: Inscription Content (Textual Inscription in the UI) Inscription Description (Non-Textual Inscription in the UI) We have not seen this kind of repeatable groups implemented anywhere so far. Our main concern is that we need to be able to record multiple inscriptions in each Cataloguing record - hence this request. Cheers, Kim
ww@williwolf.net
Thu, Sep 23, 2021 3:50 PM

Forbes, Megan wrote:

[...]

Hi, I think this request is still a good one. We’d make frequent use of repeatable groups for ownership and viewer contribution information!

Forbes, Megan wrote: > Kim, > > I'm cc'ing Aron on this; as far as I know he's the last one to deal with > this issue. There is currently an open Jira for enabling the remaining > four repeatable groups in Cataloging (two with repeatable sub-fields and > two without), but enabling them will require some refactoring. > > Aron, could you please comment on the type/amount of work that would > need to be done to enable the repeatable groups that do not have > repeatable sub-fields? > > Thanks, > > Megan > > http://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-2927 > > --- > > From: Kim Brasen \[mailto:Kim.Brasen@smk.dk\] > Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:40 AM > To: Forbes, Megan > Cc: talk@lists.collectionspace.org; Kirsten Vittrup > Subject: Group repeatability regarding sub-information groups. > > Hi Megan, > > We were wondering what the status is regarding the repeatability of > whole information groups and sub-information groups (in lack of a better > word); the larger sub-groups of the main information groups, that have > their own grey title bar in the UI. > > In Cataloguing the following Information Groups should be repeatable > according to the schema: > > Object Production Information > > Object Owner's Contribution Information > > Object Viewer's Contribution Information > > (Similarly in Object Entry/Intake the Object Location Information Group > should be repeatable) > > In Cataloguing the Object Description Information Group has two larger > subgroups that should repeatable according to the schema: > > Inscription Content (Textual Inscription in the UI) > > Inscription Description (Non-Textual Inscription in the UI) > > We have not seen this kind of repeatable groups implemented anywhere so > far. Our main concern is that we need to be able to record multiple > inscriptions in each Cataloguing record - hence this request. > > Cheers, > > Kim Hi, I think this request is still a good one. We’d make frequent use of repeatable groups for ownership and viewer contribution information!