talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting

WW
William Wolf
Fri, Nov 27, 2020 7:59 PM

Hi,

I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ?

HTTP Status 404 - Not Found
Type Status Report

Message /cspace/ahn

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.51

Thank you,
Willi Wolf

Hi, I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ? ------------------------ HTTP Status 404 - Not Found Type Status Report Message /cspace/ahn Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists. Apache Tomcat/8.5.51 Thank you, Willi Wolf
WW
William Wolf
Sun, Nov 29, 2020 7:11 PM

Hi, please ignore the question below. I made a mistake in not following the upgrade process instructions correctly. On a second try the upgrade is working great!  Thank you !!

I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ?

HTTP Status 404 - Not Found
Type Status Report

Message /cspace/ahn

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.51

Thank you,
Willi Wolf

Hi, please ignore the question below. I made a mistake in not following the upgrade process instructions correctly. On a second try the upgrade is working great! Thank you !! From: William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net> Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:00 To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: [Talk] 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting Hi, I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ? ------------------------ HTTP Status 404 - Not Found Type Status Report Message /cspace/ahn Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists. Apache Tomcat/8.5.51 Thank you, Willi Wolf
WW
William Wolf
Mon, Nov 30, 2020 1:53 AM

Hi, I did notice that the upgrade documentation refers to v6.0-branch instead of v6.1-branch. The documentation could use a fix in the following sections:

  • Install Tomcat 8.5.51
  • Upgrade Source Code

https://collectionspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1545308251/Upgrading+CollectionSpace

Hi, please ignore the question below. I made a mistake in not following the upgrade process instructions correctly. On a second try the upgrade is working great!  Thank you !!

I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ?

HTTP Status 404 - Not Found
Type Status Report

Message /cspace/ahn

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.51

Thank you,
Willi Wolf

Hi, I did notice that the upgrade documentation refers to v6.0-branch instead of v6.1-branch. The documentation could use a fix in the following sections: - Install Tomcat 8.5.51 - Upgrade Source Code https://collectionspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1545308251/Upgrading+CollectionSpace From: William Wolf Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 11:11 To: William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net>; talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: RE: [Talk] 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting Hi, please ignore the question below. I made a mistake in not following the upgrade process instructions correctly. On a second try the upgrade is working great! Thank you !! From: William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net<mailto:ww@williwolf.net>> Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:00 To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Subject: [Talk] 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting Hi, I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ? ------------------------ HTTP Status 404 - Not Found Type Status Report Message /cspace/ahn Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists. Apache Tomcat/8.5.51 Thank you, Willi Wolf
MF
Megan Forbes
Mon, Nov 30, 2020 12:06 PM

Willi,

Glad you were able to get your upgrade working. I'll update those docs, thanks for the tip!

Best regards,
Megan

Megan Forbes
CollectionSpace Program Manager
megan.forbes@lyrasis.org
917.267.9676 Cell
meganbforbes Skype

Willi, Glad you were able to get your upgrade working. I'll update those docs, thanks for the tip! Best regards, Megan Megan Forbes CollectionSpace Program Manager megan.forbes@lyrasis.org 917.267.9676 Cell meganbforbes Skype ________________________________ From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> on behalf of William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net> Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 8:53 PM To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org <talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Subject: Re: [Talk] 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting Hi, I did notice that the upgrade documentation refers to v6.0-branch instead of v6.1-branch. The documentation could use a fix in the following sections: - Install Tomcat 8.5.51 - Upgrade Source Code https://collectionspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1545308251/Upgrading+CollectionSpace From: William Wolf Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 11:11 To: William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net>; talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: RE: [Talk] 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting Hi, please ignore the question below. I made a mistake in not following the upgrade process instructions correctly. On a second try the upgrade is working great! Thank you !! From: William Wolf <ww@williwolf.net<mailto:ww@williwolf.net>> Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:00 To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Subject: [Talk] 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade troubleshooting Hi, I am working through the 5.2 to 6.1 upgrade today and the instructions were great and everything seems to be healthy until I try to boot up and log in. Then I get the following message. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting ? ------------------------ HTTP Status 404 – Not Found Type Status Report Message /cspace/ahn Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists. Apache Tomcat/8.5.51 Thank you, Willi Wolf