talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

CollectionSpace v6 - Ready for QA

MF
Megan Forbes
Thu, Mar 19, 2020 7:42 PM

CSpace Community -

We are ready to begin the Quality Assurance testing process for v6, and as always, community participation in the QA process is critical. It's an understatement to say that we are living and working through times that many of us never expected. We hope that everyone is safe, and urge everyone to do whatever they need to keep themselves and their loved ones healthy.

To start testing, visit the the testing tasks page (link below) and assign yourself a task by entering your name into the Tester column and an X into the In progress column. Add another X to the Complete column when you're done. New to QA testing? Grab a one of the primary or secondary tab tests - these are the simplest tests and will get you familiar with the process. Please run the test on latest version of the Browser specified in column B, and using the Profile specified in Column C. The links to the QA sites for each profile are at the top of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E39uv0y9GjbVXZOyi967lzV3PTfOagPOoKNDOd4THp8/edit?usp=sharing

Found a bug? You can enter a description of your issue right in the spreadsheet notes column.

Thanks in advance for your help, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Megan

P.S. Visit https://www.lyrasis.orghttps://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/Main.aspx to see a list of services that our wonderful home organization is providing free to the cultural heritage community over the coming weeks. There should never be a quarantine on knowledge and learning!

Megan Forbes
CollectionSpace Program Manager
megan.forbes@lyrasis.org
917.267.9676 Cell
meganbforbes Skype

[...]
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 1:51 PM

Thank you to everyone who has participated in QA for v6.0 of CollectionSpace. We'd love to get the process wrapped up this week so we can release; if everyone on the list can take one more test, we'd be done in a day!

If you're not sure where to get started, please view the below email, or take a look at this short (2 min) video we put together for some of our new QA volunteers: https://vimeo.com/403049797

Thanks!
Megan

[...]

Thank you to everyone who has participated in QA for v6.0 of CollectionSpace. We'd love to get the process wrapped up this week so we can release; if everyone on the list can take one more test, we'd be done in a day! If you're not sure where to get started, please view the below email, or take a look at this short (2 min) video we put together for some of our new QA volunteers: https://vimeo.com/403049797 Thanks! Megan Megan Forbes CollectionSpace Program Manager megan.forbes@lyrasis.org 917.267.9676 Cell meganbforbes Skype ________________________________ From: Megan Forbes Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:42 PM To: CollectionSpace Talk List <talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Subject: CollectionSpace v6 - Ready for QA CSpace Community - We are ready to begin the Quality Assurance testing process for v6, and as always, community participation in the QA process is critical. It's an understatement to say that we are living and working through times that many of us never expected. We hope that everyone is safe, and urge everyone to do whatever they need to keep themselves and their loved ones healthy. To start testing, visit the the testing tasks page (link below) and assign yourself a task by entering your name into the Tester column and an X into the In progress column. Add another X to the Complete column when you're done. New to QA testing? Grab a one of the primary or secondary tab tests - these are the simplest tests and will get you familiar with the process. Please run the test on latest version of the Browser specified in column B, and using the Profile specified in Column C. The links to the QA sites for each profile are at the top of the sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E39uv0y9GjbVXZOyi967lzV3PTfOagPOoKNDOd4THp8/edit?usp=sharing Found a bug? You can enter a description of your issue right in the spreadsheet notes column. Thanks in advance for your help, and please let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Megan P.S. Visit https://www.lyrasis.org<https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/Main.aspx> to see a list of services that our wonderful home organization is providing free to the cultural heritage community over the coming weeks. There should never be a quarantine on knowledge and learning! Megan Forbes CollectionSpace Program Manager megan.forbes@lyrasis.org 917.267.9676 Cell meganbforbes Skype