talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

CollectionSpace Community Spotlights - Call for Proposals

AG
Arran Griffith
Mon, Feb 6, 2023 8:11 PM

Hi There,
As you know, CollectionSpace implementers are the staple of our community and each CollectionSpace user brings their own unique and exciting perspective for ways to use the platform. As part of our community building for 2023, we want to provide a space and outlet for you, our implementers, to share your use cases with other community members as part of our CollectionSpace Spotlight Sessions. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate, showcase and share the special and interesting things you are doing with the software.

So – we are seeking proposals for presenters for our Spotlight Sessions for the 2023 year! And we’re inviting YOU to submit your institution.
·        Don’t think your use case is all that interesting, or unique? You would be surprised. Chances are that there are others out there looking to do something similar and just aren’t sure how to get there.

Past Spotlight Themes:
·        CollectionSpace for Education – featuring Florida State University & Johns Hopkins University
·        Designing extensions for CollectionSpace to improve support for cataloging, description, and exhibition of born-digital and time-based work.
·        Exploring the Public Art Profile
·        And more... See the full list of past Spotlights herehttps://lyrasis.aviaryplatform.com/collections/1555.

Important Dates:
Spotlight Session Date
Proposal Submission Deadline
Week of April 23, 2023
March 1, 2023
Week of July 24, 2023
April 1, 2023
Week of October 23, 2023
July 1, 2023

Call for Proposals:
All proposals should include the following:
·        Presenter(s) name & position title
·        Institution name
·        Suggested Spotlight theme
·        Abstract (200 words max.)
·        Preferred Spotlight Session date (see above for options)

Please submit your proposal via email to collectionspace@lyrasis.orgmailto:collectionspace@lyrasis.org with the subject heading of “2023 Spotlight Proposal”
We are excited at this new opportunity to bring together our users and share their successes with our greater CSpace community!

Cheers,
Arran

Arran Griffith
Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator
CollectionSpace, LYRASIS

[signature_3479326580]

[...]
Tue, Feb 14, 2023 3:30 PM

Hi Everyone!
This is a reminder that we are accepting proposals to join our series of CollectionSpace Spotlight Sessions. Our next scheduled Spotlight will be during the week of April 23rd, 2023 and the call for proposals for this spot closes on March 1, 2023. There are many more opportunities to be featured in one of our other sessions – see below email for all the details.

We are looking forward to showcasing our wonderful implementers and learning all about what you have been working on. Any questions or ideas are welcome. Simply email us at collectionspace@lyrasis.orgmailto:collectionspace@lyrasis.org or reach out directly to the program team.

Call for Proposals:
All proposals should include the following:
·        Presenter(s) name & position title
·        Institution name
·        Suggested Spotlight theme
·        Abstract (200 words max.) – or a brief description of what you’d like to share
·        Preferred Spotlight Session date (see above for options)

Please submit your proposal via email to collectionspace@lyrasis.orgmailto:collectionspace@lyrasis.org with the subject heading of “2023 Spotlight Proposal”
We are excited at this new opportunity to bring together our users and share their successes with our greater CSpace community!

Cheers,
Arran

Arran Griffith
Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator
CollectionSpace, LYRASIS

[signature_4057166722]

From: Arran Griffith Arran.Griffith@lyrasis.org
Date: Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:11 PM
To: "talk@lists.collectionspace.org" talk@lists.collectionspace.org
Cc: Jessi Weithman Jessi.Weithman@lyrasis.org, Linda Colet linda.colet@lyrasis.org, Laurie Arp laurie.arp@lyrasis.org
Subject: CollectionSpace Community Spotlights - Call for Proposals

[...]

Hi Everyone! This is a reminder that we are accepting proposals to join our series of CollectionSpace Spotlight Sessions. Our next scheduled Spotlight will be during the week of April 23rd, 2023 and the call for proposals for this spot closes on March 1, 2023. There are many more opportunities to be featured in one of our other sessions – see below email for all the details. We are looking forward to showcasing our wonderful implementers and learning all about what you have been working on. Any questions or ideas are welcome. Simply email us at collectionspace@lyrasis.org<mailto:collectionspace@lyrasis.org> or reach out directly to the program team. Call for Proposals: All proposals should include the following: · Presenter(s) name & position title · Institution name · Suggested Spotlight theme · Abstract (200 words max.) – or a brief description of what you’d like to share · Preferred Spotlight Session date (see above for options) Please submit your proposal via email to collectionspace@lyrasis.org<mailto:collectionspace@lyrasis.org> with the subject heading of “2023 Spotlight Proposal” We are excited at this new opportunity to bring together our users and share their successes with our greater CSpace community! Cheers, Arran --- Arran Griffith Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator CollectionSpace, LYRASIS [signature_4057166722] From: Arran Griffith <Arran.Griffith@lyrasis.org> Date: Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:11 PM To: "talk@lists.collectionspace.org" <talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Cc: Jessi Weithman <Jessi.Weithman@lyrasis.org>, Linda Colet <linda.colet@lyrasis.org>, Laurie Arp <laurie.arp@lyrasis.org> Subject: CollectionSpace Community Spotlights - Call for Proposals Hi There, As you know, CollectionSpace implementers are the staple of our community and each CollectionSpace user brings their own unique and exciting perspective for ways to use the platform. As part of our community building for 2023, we want to provide a space and outlet for you, our implementers, to share your use cases with other community members as part of our CollectionSpace Spotlight Sessions. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate, showcase and share the special and interesting things you are doing with the software. So – we are seeking proposals for presenters for our Spotlight Sessions for the 2023 year! And we’re inviting YOU to submit your institution. · Don’t think your use case is all that interesting, or unique? You would be surprised. Chances are that there are others out there looking to do something similar and just aren’t sure how to get there. Past Spotlight Themes: · CollectionSpace for Education – featuring Florida State University & Johns Hopkins University · Designing extensions for CollectionSpace to improve support for cataloging, description, and exhibition of born-digital and time-based work. · Exploring the Public Art Profile · And more... See the full list of past Spotlights here<https://lyrasis.aviaryplatform.com/collections/1555>. Important Dates: Spotlight Session Date Proposal Submission Deadline Week of April 23, 2023 March 1, 2023 Week of July 24, 2023 April 1, 2023 Week of October 23, 2023 July 1, 2023 Call for Proposals: All proposals should include the following: · Presenter(s) name & position title · Institution name · Suggested Spotlight theme · Abstract (200 words max.) · Preferred Spotlight Session date (see above for options) Please submit your proposal via email to collectionspace@lyrasis.org<mailto:collectionspace@lyrasis.org> with the subject heading of “2023 Spotlight Proposal” We are excited at this new opportunity to bring together our users and share their successes with our greater CSpace community! Cheers, Arran --- Arran Griffith Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator CollectionSpace, LYRASIS [signature_3479326580]