talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

Collectionspace Landing Page Issue

RA
Rene Asanga
Tue, Feb 22, 2022 3:39 PM

Hi Ray,

I am reaching out regarding an issue we are experiencing with the
Collectionspace landing/login page. We cloned an existing cspace tenant,
and created a new tenant out of the clone. All necessary config files have
been updated, including other configurations within the AWS UI and the new
tenant is now accessible via the browser.

The issue we are experiencing is,  the below config file was updated with
the new tenant name
~/collectionspace-source/services/cspace-ui/publicart/index.html,
but from the browser the login page is still showing the old name.

We want to change the name to Austin City - Public Art Collection and
remove *Culver City. *

[image: image.png]
Our question is, are there other config files we are missing? That needs to
be updated to make the name change, besides the path provided above?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

*Rene Asanga *
(He/Him)
DevOps Systems Administrator
WESTAF | Western States Arts Federation
1624 Market St
PMB 98286
Denver, Colorado 80202
www.westaf.org http://www.westaf.org/
T (559)394-9501

[...]
RL
Ray Lee
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 3:53 AM

Hi Rene,
You can update the configuration in index.html to change the login page title. Instructions here: https://github.com/collectionspace/cspace-ui.js/blob/master/docs/configuration/HowTo/SignInText.md

[...]

Hi Rene, You can update the configuration in index.html to change the login page title. Instructions here: https://github.com/collectionspace/cspace-ui.js/blob/master/docs/configuration/HowTo/SignInText.md Ray ________________________________________ From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org> Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:39 AM To: Ray Lee; Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org Cc: Paul Nguyen Subject: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue Hi Ray, I am reaching out regarding an issue we are experiencing with the Collectionspace landing/login page. We cloned an existing cspace tenant, and created a new tenant out of the clone. All necessary config files have been updated, including other configurations within the AWS UI and the new tenant is now accessible via the browser. The issue we are experiencing is, the below config file was updated with the new tenant name ~/collectionspace-source/services/cspace-ui/publicart/index.html, but from the browser the login page is still showing the old name. We want to change the name to Austin City - Public Art Collection and remove Culver City. [image.png] Our question is, are there other config files we are missing? That needs to be updated to make the name change, besides the path provided above? Thanks in advance for your prompt response. Rene Asanga (He/Him) DevOps Systems Administrator WESTAF | Western States Arts Federation 1624 Market St PMB 98286 Denver, Colorado 80202 www.westaf.org<http://www.westaf.org/> T (559)394-9501
RA
Rene Asanga
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 5:57 AM

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your prompt response. The solution provided is what we did
already, but still getting Culver City at the front end. See Screenshot of
back end modification below.
[image: image.png]

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Ray Lee ray.lee@lyrasis.org wrote:

[...]

Hi Ray, Thanks for your prompt response. The solution provided is what we did already, but still getting Culver City at the front end. See Screenshot of back end modification below. [image: image.png] On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Ray Lee <ray.lee@lyrasis.org> wrote: > Hi Rene, > You can update the configuration in index.html to change the login page > title. Instructions here: > https://github.com/collectionspace/cspace-ui.js/blob/master/docs/configuration/HowTo/SignInText.md > > Ray > > ________________________________________ > From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org> > Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:39 AM > To: Ray Lee; Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org > Cc: Paul Nguyen > Subject: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue > > Hi Ray, > > I am reaching out regarding an issue we are experiencing with the > Collectionspace landing/login page. We cloned an existing cspace tenant, > and created a new tenant out of the clone. All necessary config files have > been updated, including other configurations within the AWS UI and the new > tenant is now accessible via the browser. > > The issue we are experiencing is, the below config file was updated with > the new tenant name > ~/collectionspace-source/services/cspace-ui/publicart/index.html, > but from the browser the login page is still showing the old name. > > We want to change the name to Austin City - Public Art Collection and > remove Culver City. > > [image.png] > Our question is, are there other config files we are missing? That needs > to be updated to make the name change, besides the path provided above? > > Thanks in advance for your prompt response. > > Rene Asanga > (He/Him) > DevOps Systems Administrator > WESTAF | Western States Arts Federation > 1624 Market St > PMB 98286 > Denver, Colorado 80202 > www.westaf.org<http://www.westaf.org/> > T (559)394-9501 >
RL
Ray Lee
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 5:35 PM

Hi Rene,
If you view source in the browser, do you see what you expect? If not, make sure you're editing the right index.html file for your new tenant.

[...]

www.westaf.orghttp://www.westaf.orghttp://www.westaf.org/
T (559)394-9501

Hi Rene, If you view source in the browser, do you see what you expect? If not, make sure you're editing the right index.html file for your new tenant. Ray ________________________________________ From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org> Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 12:57 AM To: Ray Lee Cc: Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org; Paul Nguyen Subject: Re: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue Hi Ray, Thanks for your prompt response. The solution provided is what we did already, but still getting Culver City at the front end. See Screenshot of back end modification below. [image.png] On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Ray Lee <ray.lee@lyrasis.org<mailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org>> wrote: Hi Rene, You can update the configuration in index.html to change the login page title. Instructions here: https://github.com/collectionspace/cspace-ui.js/blob/master/docs/configuration/HowTo/SignInText.md Ray ________________________________________ From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org<mailto:rene.asanga@westaf.org>> Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:39 AM To: Ray Lee; Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org> Cc: Paul Nguyen Subject: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue Hi Ray, I am reaching out regarding an issue we are experiencing with the Collectionspace landing/login page. We cloned an existing cspace tenant, and created a new tenant out of the clone. All necessary config files have been updated, including other configurations within the AWS UI and the new tenant is now accessible via the browser. The issue we are experiencing is, the below config file was updated with the new tenant name ~/collectionspace-source/services/cspace-ui/publicart/index.html, but from the browser the login page is still showing the old name. We want to change the name to Austin City - Public Art Collection and remove Culver City. [image.png] Our question is, are there other config files we are missing? That needs to be updated to make the name change, besides the path provided above? Thanks in advance for your prompt response. Rene Asanga (He/Him) DevOps Systems Administrator WESTAF | Western States Arts Federation 1624 Market St PMB 98286 Denver, Colorado 80202 www.westaf.org<http://www.westaf.org><http://www.westaf.org/> T (559)394-9501
RA
Rene Asanga
Thu, Feb 24, 2022 1:09 PM

Hi Ray,

Thanks for responding back. I am seeing the change I wanted now. The step I
was missing was running a clean install of the service and application
layers after updating the files.
But I am getting a "sign in failed" error. Not sure what we are missing?

[image: image.png]

Additionally, I have a question, which I will appreciate your help with.

  1. Since I am creating the new tenant from an AWS AMI, do I need to
    run an "mvn
    clean install -DskipTests
    *"* for the application layer as well or no?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response, as always.

Best.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 12:36 PM Ray Lee ray.lee@lyrasis.org wrote:

[...]

Hi Ray, Thanks for responding back. I am seeing the change I wanted now. The step I was missing was running a clean install of the service and application layers after updating the files. But I am getting a "sign in failed" error. Not sure what we are missing? [image: image.png] Additionally, I have a question, which I will appreciate your help with. 1. Since I am creating the new tenant from an AWS AMI, do I need to run an *"mvn clean install -DskipTests**"* for the application layer as well or no? Thanks in advance for your prompt response, as always. Best. On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 12:36 PM Ray Lee <ray.lee@lyrasis.org> wrote: > Hi Rene, > If you view source in the browser, do you see what you expect? If not, > make sure you're editing the right index.html file for your new tenant. > > Ray > > ________________________________________ > From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org> > Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 12:57 AM > To: Ray Lee > Cc: Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org; Paul Nguyen > Subject: Re: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue > > Hi Ray, > > Thanks for your prompt response. The solution provided is what we did > already, but still getting Culver City at the front end. See Screenshot of > back end modification below. > [image.png] > > On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Ray Lee <ray.lee@lyrasis.org<mailto: > ray.lee@lyrasis.org>> wrote: > Hi Rene, > You can update the configuration in index.html to change the login page > title. Instructions here: > https://github.com/collectionspace/cspace-ui.js/blob/master/docs/configuration/HowTo/SignInText.md > > Ray > > ________________________________________ > From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org<mailto:rene.asanga@westaf.org>> > Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:39 AM > To: Ray Lee; Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto: > talk@lists.collectionspace.org> > Cc: Paul Nguyen > Subject: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue > > Hi Ray, > > I am reaching out regarding an issue we are experiencing with the > Collectionspace landing/login page. We cloned an existing cspace tenant, > and created a new tenant out of the clone. All necessary config files have > been updated, including other configurations within the AWS UI and the new > tenant is now accessible via the browser. > > The issue we are experiencing is, the below config file was updated with > the new tenant name > ~/collectionspace-source/services/cspace-ui/publicart/index.html, > but from the browser the login page is still showing the old name. > > We want to change the name to Austin City - Public Art Collection and > remove Culver City. > > [image.png] > Our question is, are there other config files we are missing? That needs > to be updated to make the name change, besides the path provided above? > > Thanks in advance for your prompt response. > > Rene Asanga > (He/Him) > DevOps Systems Administrator > WESTAF | Western States Arts Federation > 1624 Market St > PMB 98286 > Denver, Colorado 80202 > www.westaf.org<http://www.westaf.org><http://www.westaf.org/> > T (559)394-9501 >
RL
Ray Lee
Fri, Feb 25, 2022 6:10 PM

Hi Rene,
Check the network panel in the browser's dev tools to see if you're getting an error from the login request. Sometimes it's because you don't have CORS set up properly. Sometimes it's because the server failed to start. Check the catalina.out log to see if there are errors.

[...]

www.westaf.orghttp://www.westaf.orghttp://www.westaf.orghttp://www.westaf.org/
T (559)394-9501

Hi Rene, Check the network panel in the browser's dev tools to see if you're getting an error from the login request. Sometimes it's because you don't have CORS set up properly. Sometimes it's because the server failed to start. Check the catalina.out log to see if there are errors. Ray ________________________________________ From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org> Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2022 8:09 AM To: Ray Lee Cc: Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org; Paul Nguyen Subject: Re: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue Hi Ray, Thanks for responding back. I am seeing the change I wanted now. The step I was missing was running a clean install of the service and application layers after updating the files. But I am getting a "sign in failed" error. Not sure what we are missing? [image.png] Additionally, I have a question, which I will appreciate your help with. 1. Since I am creating the new tenant from an AWS AMI, do I need to run an "mvn clean install -DskipTests" for the application layer as well or no? Thanks in advance for your prompt response, as always. Best. On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 12:36 PM Ray Lee <ray.lee@lyrasis.org<mailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org>> wrote: Hi Rene, If you view source in the browser, do you see what you expect? If not, make sure you're editing the right index.html file for your new tenant. Ray ________________________________________ From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org<mailto:rene.asanga@westaf.org>> Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 12:57 AM To: Ray Lee Cc: Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org>; Paul Nguyen Subject: Re: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue Hi Ray, Thanks for your prompt response. The solution provided is what we did already, but still getting Culver City at the front end. See Screenshot of back end modification below. [image.png] On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:53 PM Ray Lee <ray.lee@lyrasis.org<mailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org><mailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org<mailto:ray.lee@lyrasis.org>>> wrote: Hi Rene, You can update the configuration in index.html to change the login page title. Instructions here: https://github.com/collectionspace/cspace-ui.js/blob/master/docs/configuration/HowTo/SignInText.md Ray ________________________________________ From: Rene Asanga <rene.asanga@westaf.org<mailto:rene.asanga@westaf.org><mailto:rene.asanga@westaf.org<mailto:rene.asanga@westaf.org>>> Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:39 AM To: Ray Lee; Megan Forbes; talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org><mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org<mailto:talk@lists.collectionspace.org>> Cc: Paul Nguyen Subject: Collectionspace Landing Page Issue Hi Ray, I am reaching out regarding an issue we are experiencing with the Collectionspace landing/login page. We cloned an existing cspace tenant, and created a new tenant out of the clone. All necessary config files have been updated, including other configurations within the AWS UI and the new tenant is now accessible via the browser. The issue we are experiencing is, the below config file was updated with the new tenant name ~/collectionspace-source/services/cspace-ui/publicart/index.html, but from the browser the login page is still showing the old name. We want to change the name to Austin City - Public Art Collection and remove Culver City. [image.png] Our question is, are there other config files we are missing? That needs to be updated to make the name change, besides the path provided above? Thanks in advance for your prompt response. Rene Asanga (He/Him) DevOps Systems Administrator WESTAF | Western States Arts Federation 1624 Market St PMB 98286 Denver, Colorado 80202 www.westaf.org<http://www.westaf.org><http://www.westaf.org><http://www.westaf.org/> T (559)394-9501