Fw: Support installing Collection Space

MF
Megan Forbes
Fri, Aug 30, 2019 2:41 PM

Talk list - please see the below question from Shayne, and cc him if you respond. Thanks!

Megan Forbes
CollectionSpace Program Manager
megan.forbes@lyrasis.org
917.267.9676 Cell
meganbforbes Skype

From: Shayne Cotton shayne@waraco.co.nz
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:36 PM
To: CollectionSpace collectionspace@Lyrasis.org
Subject: FW: Support installing Collection Space

To: 'collectionspace@lyrasis.org.' <collectionspace@lyrasis.org.>
Subject: Support installing Collection Space

Dear support , I have been asked to install Collection Space on a windows PC.

I have been to the following pages : It look like I can install Ubuntu on virtual machine by using a HyperV PC running from a windows PC.

Is this the best way to install the MyCollectionSpace ?

Shayne Cotton
49 Hokianga Road
Dargaville
64 9 439 4066 Office
021 439 411    Mobile
Waraco

Talk list - please see the below question from Shayne, and cc him if you respond. Thanks! Megan Forbes CollectionSpace Program Manager megan.forbes@lyrasis.org 917.267.9676 Cell meganbforbes Skype ________________________________ From: Shayne Cotton <shayne@waraco.co.nz> Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:36 PM To: CollectionSpace <collectionspace@Lyrasis.org> Subject: FW: Support installing Collection Space To: 'collectionspace@lyrasis.org.' <collectionspace@lyrasis.org.> Subject: Support installing Collection Space Dear support , I have been asked to install Collection Space on a windows PC. I have been to the following pages : It look like I can install Ubuntu on virtual machine by using a HyperV PC running from a windows PC. Is this the best way to install the MyCollectionSpace ? Shayne Cotton 49 Hokianga Road Dargaville 64 9 439 4066 Office 021 439 411 Mobile Waraco
RL
Ray Lee
Thu, Sep 5, 2019 5:44 AM

Hi Shayne,
Running Ubuntu on Hyper-V should work fine. People have also used other virtualization products, like VMware or VirtualBox. In theory, you should be able to get CollectionSpace running natively on Windows, because all of the required software (Tomcat, PostgreSQL, etc.) is available, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried recently.

Ray

Dear support , I have been asked to install Collection Space on a windows PC.

I have been to the following pages : It look like I can install Ubuntu on virtual machine by using a HyperV PC running from a windows PC.

Is this the best way to install the MyCollectionSpace ?

Shayne Cotton
49 Hokianga Road
Dargaville
64 9 439 4066 Office
021 439 411    Mobile
Waraco

Hi Shayne, Running Ubuntu on Hyper-V should work fine. People have also used other virtualization products, like VMware or VirtualBox. In theory, you should be able to get CollectionSpace running natively on Windows, because all of the required software (Tomcat, PostgreSQL, etc.) is available, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried recently. Ray ________________________________________ From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> on behalf of Megan Forbes <megan.forbes@lyrasis.org> Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 7:41 AM To: CollectionSpace Talk List Cc: Shayne Cotton Subject: [Talk] Fw: Support installing Collection Space Talk list - please see the below question from Shayne, and cc him if you respond. Thanks! Megan Forbes CollectionSpace Program Manager megan.forbes@lyrasis.org 917.267.9676 Cell meganbforbes Skype ________________________________ From: Shayne Cotton <shayne@waraco.co.nz> Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:36 PM To: CollectionSpace <collectionspace@Lyrasis.org> Subject: FW: Support installing Collection Space To: 'collectionspace@lyrasis.org.' <collectionspace@lyrasis.org.> Subject: Support installing Collection Space Dear support , I have been asked to install Collection Space on a windows PC. I have been to the following pages : It look like I can install Ubuntu on virtual machine by using a HyperV PC running from a windows PC. Is this the best way to install the MyCollectionSpace ? Shayne Cotton 49 Hokianga Road Dargaville 64 9 439 4066 Office 021 439 411 Mobile Waraco