talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

Initial logon credentials

ZL
Zachary L Pelli
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Hey all. I'm installing CS 6.0 on a test server and cannot for the life of me  log in. The documentation says:

Initial login credentials are:

I am just using the test server's IP address as the domain but seem unable to login no matter what I try. Is there a trick to this?

Thank you!

Regards,

Zach Pelli
Seton Hall University Lbraries

Hey all. I'm installing CS 6.0 on a test server and cannot for the life of me log in. The documentation says: Initial login credentials are: * username: admin@$domain (i.e. admin@cspace.example.org<mailto:admin@cspace.example.org>) * password: Administrator I am just using the test server's IP address as the domain but seem unable to login no matter what I try. Is there a trick to this? Thank you! Regards, Zach Pelli Seton Hall University Lbraries
MC
Mark Cooper
Fri, Sep 25, 2020 12:00 AM

Hi Zach,

Apologies, I need to update the documentation for the initial login. The initial login credentials are actually:

admin@$TENANT.collectionspace.orgmailto:admin@$TENANT.collectionspace.org

Where $TENANT = the value of the collectionspace_tenant variable used by Ansible (I'm assuming you used cspace-installer given the instructions you are following).

By default the tenant is "core", so the username would be: admin@core.collectionspace.orgmailto:admin@core.collectionspace.org, but if you set the tenant to "anthro" you'd use admin@anthro.collectionspace.orgmailto:admin@anthro.collectionspace.org.

The password is correct.

Does that help?

Best,
Mark

Hi Zach, Apologies, I need to update the documentation for the initial login. The initial login credentials are actually: admin@$TENANT.collectionspace.org<mailto:admin@$TENANT.collectionspace.org> Where $TENANT = the value of the collectionspace_tenant variable used by Ansible (I'm assuming you used cspace-installer given the instructions you are following). By default the tenant is "core", so the username would be: admin@core.collectionspace.org<mailto:admin@core.collectionspace.org>, but if you set the tenant to "anthro" you'd use admin@anthro.collectionspace.org<mailto:admin@anthro.collectionspace.org>. The password is correct. Does that help? Best, Mark From: Talk <talk-bounces@lists.collectionspace.org> On Behalf Of Zachary L Pelli Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 11:27 AM To: talk@lists.collectionspace.org Subject: [Talk] Initial logon credentials Hey all. I'm installing CS 6.0 on a test server and cannot for the life of me log in. The documentation says: Initial login credentials are: * username: admin@$domain (i.e. admin@cspace.example.org<mailto:admin@cspace.example.org>) * password: Administrator I am just using the test server's IP address as the domain but seem unable to login no matter what I try. Is there a trick to this? Thank you! Regards, Zach Pelli Seton Hall University Lbraries