talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Targeted discussion among implementers and between implementers and the CollectionSpace development team

View all threads

Hierarchy contexts not sorted

PM
Peter Murray
Tue, Dec 15, 2015 7:13 PM

The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records (storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful way.  I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to find it.  Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something misconfigured?

Peter

Peter Murray
Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager
Cherry Hill Company

The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records (storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful way. I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to find it. Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something misconfigured? Peter -- Peter Murray Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager Cherry Hill Company
AR
Aron Roberts
Tue, Dec 15, 2015 8:37 PM

Perhaps you might have seen this issue, Peter?

https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Peter Murray pmurray@chillco.com wrote:

The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records
(storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful
way.  I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to
find it.  Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something
misconfigured?

Peter

Peter Murray
Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager
Cherry Hill Company

Talk mailing list
Talk@lists.collectionspace.org

Perhaps you might have seen this issue, Peter? https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805 On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Peter Murray <pmurray@chillco.com> wrote: > The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records > (storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful > way. I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to > find it. Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something > misconfigured? > > > Peter > -- > Peter Murray > Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager > Cherry Hill Company > > > _______________________________________________ > Talk mailing list > Talk@lists.collectionspace.org > > http://lists.collectionspace.org/mailman/listinfo/talk_lists.collectionspace.org >
PM
Peter Murray
Tue, Dec 15, 2015 8:48 PM

Yes, that was it -- thanks Aron.  I wonder why my searches weren't picking it up...

Peter

https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805 https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805

--
Peter Murray
Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager
Cherry Hill Company

Yes, that was it -- thanks Aron. I wonder why my searches weren't picking it up... Peter > On Dec 15, 2015, at 3:37 PM, Aron Roberts <aron@socrates.berkeley.edu> wrote: > > Perhaps you might have seen this issue, Peter? > > https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805 <https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805> > > On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Peter Murray <pmurray@chillco.com <mailto:pmurray@chillco.com>> wrote: > The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records (storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful way. I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to find it. Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something misconfigured? > > > Peter -- Peter Murray Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager Cherry Hill Company
AR
Aron Roberts
Tue, Dec 15, 2015 10:18 PM

Some CollectionSpace issues just aren't readily findable via obvious
keywords, alas.

I eventually found this one via a search on "sorted AND narrower" (as in
"narrower context": the child nodes in a hierarchy).

Aron

P.S. Whenever you - or anyone - find an issue and would like to be able to
search for it again via more obvious keywords, or help others more readily
find it later on, one option I've used is to just stuff those keywords into
a "finding aid" comment, perhaps similar to these:

https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4909?focusedCommentId=26258&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-26258

https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4447?focusedCommentId=26481&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-26481

wrote:

The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records
(storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful
way.  I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to
find it.  Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something
misconfigured?

Peter

--
Peter Murray
Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager
Cherry Hill Company

Some CollectionSpace issues just aren't readily findable via obvious keywords, alas. I eventually found this one via a search on "sorted AND narrower" (as in "narrower context": the child nodes in a hierarchy). Aron P.S. Whenever you - or anyone - find an issue and would like to be able to search for it again via more obvious keywords, or help others more readily find it later on, one option I've used is to just stuff those keywords into a "finding aid" comment, perhaps similar to these: https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4909?focusedCommentId=26258&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-26258 https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4447?focusedCommentId=26481&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-26481 On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Peter Murray <pmurray@chillco.com> wrote: > Yes, that was it -- thanks Aron. I wonder why my searches weren't picking > it up... > > > Peter > > On Dec 15, 2015, at 3:37 PM, Aron Roberts <aron@socrates.berkeley.edu> > wrote: > > Perhaps you might have seen this issue, Peter? > > https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805 > > On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Peter Murray <pmurray@chillco.com> > wrote: > >> The Narrower and Equivalent contexts in the hierarchy section of records >> (storage locations, for instance) do not seem to be sorted in a meaningful >> way. I thought I saw an issue in Jira about this, but now I can't seem to >> find it. Is this a know problem, or do I perhaps have something >> misconfigured? >> >> >> Peter > > > > -- > Peter Murray > Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager > Cherry Hill Company > > > > _______________________________________________ > Talk mailing list > Talk@lists.collectionspace.org > > http://lists.collectionspace.org/mailman/listinfo/talk_lists.collectionspace.org > >
RM
Richard Millet
Tue, Dec 15, 2015 11:19 PM

Peter,

It appears that the App/UI layer are simply using the order returned by the Service layer -which returns them in the order in which the relationships between the terms were created. For example, the most recent relationship is first in a list.

Please feel free to vote for https://issues.collectionspace.org/browse/CSPACE-4805 if you'd like to see this addressed sooner than later.

-Richard